Hello, friends! We’re kicking off another month-long Power & Spark Challenge today on the Power Poppy Blog and this one has something for everyone! We’re calling it Power & Spark Rewind. Take your pick from among them all!
Here’s a list for you:
- The Sky's the Limit (Use sky colors – sunsets, blue sky, gray sky, any color found in the sky.)
- Go for the Gold (Use gold in any way – color, embellishments, embossing.)
- Pop of Pastel (Use soft pastel colors.)
- Cut it Out (Fussy cut all or part of your image.)
- Pencil Me In (Color with pencils, including watercolor pencils.)
- Hang Some Paper (Use at least three different patterns or colors of designer paper.)
- Shabby & Chic (Soft, feminine, romantic, the appearance of age and wear.)
- Gifts from the Heart (Gifts or gift packaging, tags, etc.)
- Bits & Pieces (Use just a portion of an image. Stamp off the edge or cut it out, etc.)
- Embellish This (Use embellishments)
I stamped in light green ink and colored with Copic markers for a no-line look. The simple die cut corner treatment keeps this easy to mail, but square cards always require extra postage, darn it. Sometimes you just have to go square, though. Know what I mean?
The wreath matches up with the winterberries in the designer paper, and the die cut leaves match the wreath. You can see the leaves echoed in the designer paper, too. Love when all those little details go together.
Copic markers used for the wreath:
- Foliage: E81, YG91, YG95,YG99
- Ribbon: E21, E23, E25
- Berries: RV63, RV66
- Dotty shading around the wreath: E53, E81
psssssst. . . HOLIDAY SALE! Power Poppy has 10% off all holiday sets (clear and digital) when you enter HOLIDAY10 in the discount code box at checkout.
Who among my Bloom Brigade sisters are sharing their Power Poppy goodness today? Let’s have a look:
Just for fun please see a penguin hitchin’ a ride on a polar bear here. I’m so happy you could drop in during this busy time. Catch you later!
Stamps: Wreaths Plain and Fancy Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, CTMH Wild Flower, SU River Rock, Memory Box Winterberry designer paper (old and probably retired like me) Ink: River Rock, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers as listed above Accessories: Golden Rod Stickles, Spellbinders Marvelous Squares, Dee’s Distinctively Sm Pair of Leaves, Poppystamps Small Blooming Poinsettia, Scotch brand foam mounting tape